Welcome to Owairaka District School where we provide quality education in a very positive environment. We are a multicultural school that values and appreciates students from all cultures. We enjoy learning from each other. We are constantly striving to increase student achievement and offer students a wide range of experiences in order for them to do so. Children are taught at their own level and are carefully monitored to ensure extra help or extension programmes are accessed when necessary.
You may be interested in our 2013 National Standards Results. For more detailed information with results broken down into girls, boys, Maori and Pasifika groups click here. Read our Principal’s Report for the year ending 31 December 2013.
“Students demonstrate high levels of engagement and interest in learning programmes and enjoy sharing their ideas and achievements with
their teachers and others…..
A collaborative approach is used to provide an appropriate curriculum that is responsive to, and inclusive of, the diverse learning needs of students and their families. This curriculum embraces the four key goals of promoting literacy and numeracy, a love of learning, environmental awareness and a desire for all students to be socially aware. The successful meeting of these goals is clearly evident in the high levels of student engagement, progress and achievement.
Notable features of the curriculum include:
- consistent and effective teaching practice
- a rich range of authentic learning experiences, which contributes to a strong sense of student pride and identity ……
- a school culture that fosters high expectations for learning, behaviour and success amongst students, staff, parents and the wider community
- good use of generously resourced classrooms and outdoor environments to extend and enrich learning.”
Growing Great Learners
- Responsibility for own learning
- Strong community involvement
- “You Can Do It”, which encompasses the foundations of:
- Getting Along
GARDEN TO TABLE VOLUNTEERS
GREEN TIP – FROM A GREEN GOLD SCHOOL