Friends Of The School
Owairaka’s Friends of the School (FOS) organises events that bring the community together to raise money to fund additional learning experiences and resources for Owairaka students. FOS also help out at school events in a volunteer capacity.
FOS raises funds in a number of ways, including:
- Sausage sizzles
- -athon Weeks
- Family Fun Night/Cultural Performances
- Quiz Night
- Cultural Festival stall
- Photo days/calendar orders.
FOS is a Registered Charity, with a charitable purpose to disburse (within the school) funds raised for items such as:
- funding buses for school trips
- purchasing school-held uniforms for our various cultural performance groups
- covering partial costs of special experiences – e.g. the Life Education Bus, science shows, concerts, trips, etc
- purchasing equipment needed for our Garden to Table Programme (everything from gloves and trowels, to seeds and kitchen equipment)
- school camp every second year.
FOS meets around twice a term in the school staff room. Meeting dates are advertised on the school website, school app and in the newsletter.
If you are unable to come to meetings but still want to help out please email the FOS team at email@example.com and let them know you would like to go on the volunteer mailing list. FOS will then let you know when we have events coming up. If you have particular skills or talents to offer please let them know.