Health Promoting School
- is a water only school
- ensures that students receive clear, consistent messages about the importance of healthy eating
- encourages children to be responsible for their own health
- is respectful of our diverse school community.
Benefits for students include:
- creating the best possible learning environment
- developing their knowledge of well-being
- learning about lifelong skills, values and healthy behaviours.
Benefits for the community include:
- empowering community members to actively participate in identifying and addressing health issues.
As a Health Promoting School we:
- are a water only school
- encourage healthy lunchboxes
- have Make & Take Mornings
- are part of the Fruit in Schools Programme
- grow vegetables
- encourage daily physical activity
- focus on other health areas such as Travelwise, Sunsmart and Keeping Ourselves Safe.