LEARNING AT OWAIRAKA
Owairaka District School provides a range of learning opportunities to meet the needs, strengths and interests of our students.
Our school is committed to:
- achievement and success for all students
- high quality learning in Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- a wide variety of Sporting, Science and Arts opportunities
- providing a rich curriculum to engage our learners
- using digital devices to support children’s learning
- providing learning experiences related to healthy living and our environment
- quality professional learning and development for staff.
Whether it’s lunchtime clubs, participating in sports or digging in the school gardens, there’s something for everyone here at Owairaka District School. Students are encouraged to get involved, take risks and explore their interests.
Our students also have the opportunity to experience a variety of activities:
- Kapa Haka & Te Reo Māori
- Cultural Groups
- Garden To Table
- Sports Teams
- Local & National Competitions
- School Camp and Educational Visits
- Music & The Arts
- School & Team Assemblies
- Play-based Learning & Discovery Time
- Wednesday Walkers & Runners Club